Prepositions Beginning with ‘D’ List
Here is a list of 6 prepositions which begin with the letter ‘D’ with their meaning and examples.
Meaning: other than
- The plea shows that no request, dehors the letter, existed.
Meaning: without being affected by; in spite of
- He remains a great leader despite age and infirmity.
- Despite so many disadvantages, he ranked in the exam.
- He went to play despite being ill.
Meaning: 1. from a higher to a lower point of (something)
- The kids ran up and down the stairs.
- The bank is down the road.
2. throughout (a period of time)
- Astrologers down the ages.
Meaning: throughout the course or duration of (a period of time)
- The restaurant remains open during the day.
- You fell asleep during the class.
- I want to go to the zoo during the vacation.
- I ate popcorn during the whole film.
- We will play football tomorrow, depending on the weather.
- We could not go out due to the rain.