Prepositions beginning with ‘W’ List
In this article, I have shared 8 prepositions that start with the letter ‘W’ with their examples in sentences.
- Accompanied by (another person or thing)
- I went to see the movie with my sister.
- Possessing (something) as a feature or accompaniment
- I want a flower-sprigged blouse with a white collar.
- Indicating the instrument used to perform an action
- Cut the fruits with a knife.
- In opposition to
- They started fighting with each other.
- Indicating the manner or attitude of the person doing something
- He did the work with great reluctance.
- Indicating responsibility
- Leave it with me.
- In relation to
- My father will be angry with me.
- Employed by
- She is with IBM now.
Definition: Inside (something)
- The spread of fire within the building was horrible.
- Finish your breakfast within 15 minutes.
- He lives within 5 miles of his office.
Definition: In the absence of
- He went to Switzerland without her.
- Oh no! I have come without the important file.
- Jewelry worth $450 was given.
With an eye to
- Your parents are working hard with an eye to your success.
With reference to
- I can give you the solution with reference to your problems. So, you can tell me.
- In reference to your order, I am sending the product as soon as possible.
With regard to
- I will talk to your parents with regard to what you want.
With respect to
- I have something to tell you with respect to your job.