Prepositions beginning with ‘N’ List
Learn four prepositions that begin with the letter ‘N’ from this article.
- At or to a short distance away from (a place)
- The school is near my house.
- A short period of time from
- Today is 27th December. We are very near the new year.
- Close to (a state)
- She gave a tiny smile, brave but near tears.
- Similar to
- This shape is near to the original.
Definition: In spite of
- Notwithstanding the high price, the quality of the product is very bad.
- They wanted to play football, notwithstanding the rain.
- Notwithstanding the evidence, the consensus is that the jury will not reach a verdict.
- There is a shopping mall near to my house.
- The restaurant is next to the bank.