Prepositions Beginning With ‘E’ List
See the list of 5 prepositions beginning with the letter ‘E’ with their meaning and examples.
Meaning: before (a specified time)
- We hope you will return ere long.
Meaning: not including, other than
- They work everyday except Sunday.
- Everyone came to the party except John.
- You can have all fruits except mango. There are no more mangoes.
Meaning: apart from
- Excepting some of the dialogue, the book is in every way superior to the movie.
- I can eat everything excepting milk.
Meaning: not taking someone or something into account
- You have eight more days excluding Sunday.
- The shop is open everyday excluding Sunday.
- Everyone was silent, except for Anita. She is very talkative.